Splunk Continues Innovation with Splunk MINT, Splunk Light and Hunk Updates
- By : Editor
- In : News
- Comments : Comments Off on Splunk Continues Innovation with Splunk MINT, Splunk Light and Hunk Updates
Splunk Kicks Off Day Two of .conf2015: 6th Annual Splunk Worldwide Users’ Conference with Major Mobile, Cloud and Big Data Enhancements
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced updates to several products including Splunk MINT™, Splunk Light™ and Hunk®.
“At .conf2015, we are showcasing innovations across our entire portfolio of software and cloud solutions, and Hunk, Splunk Light and Splunk MINT are important pillars of our customers’ overall data strategy,” said Shay Mowlem, vice president product management and product marketing, Splunk. “Splunk MINT and Hunk help organizations gain value from two of the fastest-growing sources of data, mobile data and historical data in Hadoop. Small IT teams can also now utilize Splunk Light as a cloud service.”
Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop
Hunk 6.3 is a full-featured, integrated analytics platform used to interactively explore, analyze and visualize big data in Hadoop and Amazon S3. Go to the Hunk page on the Splunk website to download the Hunk sandbox or to sign up for a free trial. Benefits include:
– Drive down total cost of ownership for Splunk users who can archive historical data from Splunk Enterprise to HDFS and Amazon S3 on commodity hardware for low-cost long-term storage and use Hunk to perform analytics on the historical data transferred to Hadoop.
– Splunk users can leverage the advanced analytics and visualization capabilities they know and love in Splunk Enterprise on the data stored in Hadoop without needing to learn a new solution.
– Analyze data transferred from Splunk Enterprise to Hadoop using third-party Hadoop tools such as Hive and Pig without needing to transform or replicate data.
Splunk Light is now available as a cloud service, starting at just $90 per month, and delivers the power of Splunk to small IT environments. This full-featured log search and analysis solution makes harnessing machine data even more accessible to small IT environments by eliminating the time and expense of server purchasing, setup and maintenance. Try the free trial of Splunk Light as a cloud service. Benefits include:
– Gain real-time log search and analysis for tactical troubleshooting by collecting, indexing, monitoring, searching, alerting and analyzing any log data in real time from one place.
– Priced for small IT environments, with access to global support and a passionate community of users.
– Easily upgrade to the full Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud for seamless transition to the platform for real-time Operational Intelligence.
Splunk MINT runs as an application on top of Splunk Enterprise and now, Splunk Cloud, to deliver enhanced Operational Intelligence with mobile data for developers, operations and product management. Splunk MINT delivers Mobile Intelligence to improve the mobile app user experience. Learn more about Splunk MINT on the Splunk website. Benefits include:
– More developer insight with Stacktrace graphs and screen tracking that offers real-time insight into how users are engaging your app and how many users are affected by performance problems.
– Detailed user analytics including events, screen tracking and user flows that provide powerful feedback to Splunk MINT users.
– Additional mobile app support for hybrid mobile applications that integrate HTML5 web browsers with native mobile OS capabilities.