- By : Editor
- In : News
- Comments : Comments Off on End of Support for Splunk Enterprise 7.1 Extended to June 30
As businesses adapt to the challenging circumstances presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, Splunk is committed to helping our customers succeed. During these unprecedented times, Splunk has decided to extend the end of support timeline for Splunk Enterprise 7.1 to June 30, 2020. This was originally scheduled for 30 April 2020.
This change gives customers a little more time to consider their options and upgrade to newer versions of the software. When making your decisions on which version to upgrade to, it’s worth knowing the end of support for other versions, which are detailed below.
- Splunk Enterprise Version 7.1 – June 30 2020
- Splunk Enterprise Version 7.2 – Oct 2 2020
- Splunk Enterprise Version 7.3 – June 4 2021
- Splunk Enterprise Version 8.0 – Oct 22 2021
As a reminder, after a version reaches its End of Support milestone, customers using that version will no longer have access to any Splunk technical assistance, product fixes or product maintenance in connection with their product entitlements, regardless of whether they have an active Support Subscription.
For further details on the Splunk Support Policy see:
Rivium can provide our customers the support and professional services they need to upgrade to the latest releases.
Upgrading also opens up opportunities for customers and users to capitalise on the newest innovations in the product.
If you prefer to upgrade your environments yourself, you might find the following resources useful:
- Splunk Software Upgrade Best Practices
- Order of Operations
- The Insider’s Guide to Splunk Enterprise Upgrades: Before, During, and After
- How often should I upgrade Splunk Enterprise?